Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Starbucks Project Day One

Today we got together to discuss a 'The Way I See It" on a Starbucks cup. Although, we didn't get started until late because, unfortunately due to personal reasons, I was running late and I had the cup. But in the mean-time, my group got to know each other and discussed where we were all from and our majors, etc. Which I found interesting because half of us were from the Cincinnati area and half were from other places around the US. It's always interesting to hear what other people think of Cinci who aren't from here. But due to our late start, most of our discussion took place through emails back and forth. We got into a little bit of discussion, but then finished through emails. Our quote was about Americans watching too much television and that Americans spend an average of 29 hours a week in front of the TV, and also stated that that is roughly 13 uninterrupted years of our life!! That was amazing to me and at the same time made me want to give up watching television. But the whole discussion brought me to reality TV, which I think is a joke! I hate reality TV with a passion, I think it's fake and degrading to most people that participate. I just don't think that it's real. The people on these shows are thrown into the most secluded and unrealistic settings and then have to deal with other people and certain situations that most people would never have to deal with. Most of those people end up (basically) going insane, their attitude, values, personalities.. they all change. Because they are forced into the most akward situations and places on these shows. I know that I would never go on a reality TV show because I know it would end up messing with my psyche... and make me into a person that I don't want to be known for... better yet, I don't want some editor to turn me into something that I never was.
The problem is that so many people get into these shows because they are exciting and interesting. Maybe because their lives are like that. Many people just want to live vicariously through these people on the reality shows...?....

No comments:

Post a Comment