Monday, April 13, 2009

Christine's "The Way I See It"

Mohandas Gandhi once said "Be the change that you want to see in the world". To change anything it must first start with you. Instead of just talking about changing the world, take actions to be the first to start a movement. If you truly believe in something and want to change the world, be a leader and show others the way.

5 comments:

  1. I like this. A good leader can back up what he/she says. I know you can believe in something but be too afraid to change it. I think a really great leader harnesses that fear and faces it down. They know it has to start somewhere, why not with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gandhi's quotations! Someone else in our class was also talking about starting with yourself in regards to inciting large social change in society. I think that's it's not only important to start a movement if you want to change the world, but it's important to be introspective and work on yourself before asking or expecting anything of others you are leading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becoming an effective leader is an incredibly difficult task, you must have a just reason for change and the ability to explain it well to others. Unfortunately, many effective leaders from the past have had unfavorable objectives. If we learn from their mistakes and educate ourselves about the changes that need to be made, then we can begin the journey of becoming leaders ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good quote to draw from. It's true that you must be the change you want to see in others. It is hypocritical to expect others to change something that you refuse to do yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very great post Christine, great choice on the quatation and very good insight.TO be a leader you must take action I firmly agree with that

    ReplyDelete